Congratulations! You made it. This will be the website where our class meets and works this year. We will be using the computers and the web as a tool for publishing, reading and responding to each other's ideas. Since this is day one, your goal is to post a comment to the question at the end of this entry.
Here's what to do: (read this whole post before starting)
1. Click on the "comments" link at the bottom of this post.
2. Click on "Show original post" so you can see this again.
3. Write your comment in the box on the right. Pay careful attention to grammar, capitals, spelling and punctuation as you will be graded on these. (This is your schoolwork, not MSN!)
4. Where is says "Identity" under the box where you typed your comment, click on the button for "other".
5. Type your first name and only the initial of your last name (ex. "George W."). Leave the "your web page" box empty, even if you do have a webpage.
6. Type the letters and/or numbers that you see into the word verification box.
7. Click "Publish Your Comment."
Tips (I hope you are reading this before you make your comment)
1. You can use Word to type your comment, then spell check it and cut and paste it into the box - that way Word can help you find some of your mistakes.
2. What you write can and will be read by many people - all of the grade 7's plus your teachers, some parents and maybe even by people around the world. Think about what you are going to say, because once it's posted, you can't change it.
Now, here's the question:
If you could wish to be either smarter than you are now or happier than you are now, which would you wish for? Why?
I look forward to reading your answers. If you finish early, go back to the main page and you can read the comments other people have left. Or check out this blog entry from another teacher about students from different places in the world and their blogs. Take a look at some of their entries.